- The definition of a forum is a place or a method for discussion.
An example of a forum is an online message board.
An online message board is an example of a forum.
forum definition by Webster's New World
- the public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city or town, where legal and political business was conducted
- a law court; tribunal
- an assembly, place, radio program, etc. for the discussion of public matters or current questions
- an opportunity for open discussion
Origin: Classical Latin area out-of-doors, marketplace, origin, originally uncertain or unknown; perhaps area with board fence ; from forus, board ; from Indo-European an unverified form bhoros: see bar
forum definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun pl. fo·rums also fo·ra
- a. The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.b. A public meeting place for open discussion.c. A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website.
- A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.
- A court of law; a tribunal.
Origin: Middle English, from Latin; see dhwer- in Indo-European roots.
forum - Computer Definition
forum - Legal Definition
forum - Phrases/Idioms