- The definition of a fora is a place where you did business in Rome, or a general place to meet and discuss.
- An example of a fora is the ruins of the Roman Forum.
- A roundtable discussion on politics is an example of a fora.
A fora in Rome.
fora definition by Webster's New World
fora definition by American Heritage Dictionary
Variant of forum
- the public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city or town, where legal and political business was conducted
- a law court; tribunal
- an assembly, place, radio program, etc. for the discussion of public matters or current questions
- an opportunity for open discussion
Origin: Classical Latin area out-of-doors, marketplace, origin, originally uncertain or unknown; perhaps area with board fence ; from forus, board ; from Indo-European an unverified form bhoros: see bar