- The definition of a malediction is a curse or words or speech intended to bring about destruction or evil.
When a fortune teller gets mad at you and puts a curse on you, this is an example of a malediction.
malediction definition by Webster's New World
- a calling down of evil on someone; curse
- evil talk about someone; slander
Origin: Middle English malediccioun ; from Old French malediction ; from Ecclesiastical Late Latin maledictio ; from Classical Latin abuse, reviling: see mal- and amp; diction
- maledictory adjective
malediction definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. The calling down of a curse.b. A curse.
- malˌe·dicˈto·ry adjective