- a former Italian title for a woman, equivalent to madam
- [M-] Mary, mother of Jesus: usually with the
- [M-] a picture or statue of Mary
Origin of madonnaIt, my lady from ma, my ( from Classical Latin mea) + donna, lady ( from Classical Latin domina, see dame)
- The Virgin Mary, especially as depicted in art.
- An image or figure of the Virgin Mary.
- Obsolete Used as a form of polite address for a woman, especially in an Italian-speaking area.
Origin of MadonnaItalian from Old Italian ma- ( variant of mia my ) ( from Latin mea ; see Madame . ) donna lady ( from Latin domina ; see Madame . )
- (skateboarding) A one-footed lien to tail trick, where the front foot is taken off and kicked out straight down behind the board.
- The Virgin Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- A female given name.