- The definition of lunar is something that relates to the moon.
An example of lunar is a lunar calendar showing the phases of the moon.
- of or on the moon
- like the moon; specif.,
- pale; pallid
- round or crescent-shaped
- measured by the moon's revolutions: a lunar year
- Rare of or containing silver
Origin: L lunaris from luna, the moon: see light
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Of, involving, caused by, or affecting the moon.
- Measured by the revolution of the moon.
- Of or relating to silver.
Origin: Middle English, crescent-shaped, from Old French lunaire, from Latin lūnāris, of the moon, from lūna, moon; see leuk- in Indo-European roots.
lunar - Medical Definition
- Relating to the moon or to a month.
- Containing silver.
lunar - Science Definition
- Relating to the Moon.
- Measured by the revolution of the Moon around the Earth.
Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.