The definition of lunar is something that relates to the moon.
An example of lunar is a lunar calendar showing the phases of the moon.
- of or on the moon
- like the moon; specif.,
- pale; pallid
- round or crescent-shaped
- measured by the moon's revolutions: a lunar year
- Rare of or containing silver
Origin of lunarClassical Latin lunaris ; from luna, the moon: see light
- Of, involving, caused by, or affecting the moon.
- Measured by the revolution of the moon.
- Of or relating to silver.
Origin of lunarMiddle English, crescent-shaped, from Old French lunaire, from Latin l&umacron;naris, of the moon, from l&umacron;na, moon; see leuk- in Indo-European roots.
From Latin lÅ«nÄris.