- The definition of a love affair occurs when two people become romantically and often sexually involved, and when the two people adore and are infatuated with each other.
An example of a love affair is when a boy and girl meet and begin to desire each other, spending a lot of time together and engaging in romantic and sexual behavior.
- an amorous or romantic relationship or episode between two people not married to each other
- an intense or eager interest in something
- An intimate sexual relationship or episode between lovers.
- A strong enthusiasm: America's love affair with the automobile.
(plural love affairs)
- love connection