- An example of a long winded person is someone who goes through every single detail of his day when asked how he is feeling.
- An example of a long winded story is one that lasts on and on after people have stopped being interested.
The definition of long winded is someone who talks on and on, often to the point of becoming boring, or extended talking or stories that are being told.
- capable of considerable exertion without getting out of breath
- speaking or writing at great, often tiresome length
- tiresomely long: said of a speech, writing, etc.
- Wearisomely verbose: a long-winded speaker. See Synonyms at wordy.
- Able to maintain breathing power during exertion: a long-winded swimmer.
(comparative more longwinded, superlative most longwinded)
- Alternative spelling of long-winded.
(comparative more long-winded, superlative most long-winded)