The definition of winded is to be out of breath.
An example of winded used as an adjective is the phrase a "winded runner," which means a runner who has done too much running and cannot breathe properly.
out of breath
- Having breath or respiratory power of a specified kind. Often used in combination: short-winded; broken-winded.
- Out of breath: a winded runner.
- Simple past tense and past participle of wind. (To cause a person to lose their breath)
- The boxer was winded when his opponent hit his solar plexus.
(comparative more winded, superlative most winded)
- short of breath
- She was winded from her long run.