- The definition of a logo is a sign or symbol that identifies a company or a brand.
An example of a logo is the green circle with a mermaid in the center that stands for Starbucks.
- Logo is defined as a simple computer programming language for children.
An example of Logo is a programming language used to create geometric shapes.
Origin of Logofrom Classical Greek logos: see logic
Origin of logo-Classical Greek from logos: see logic
Origin of logoShort for logogram logotype
Origin of logo-Greek from logos word, speech ; see leg- in Indo-European roots.
This prefix is found either in loanwords from Ancient Greek, or in new formations modeled after them.
From Ancient Greek Î»ÏŒÎ³Î¿Ï‚ (logos, “word, speech").
logo - Computer Definition
A high-level programming language noted for its ease of use and graphics capabilities. It is a recursive language that contains many list processing functions that are in LISP, although Logo's syntax is more understandable for novices. Stemming from a National Science Foundation project, Logo was created by Seymour Papert in the mid-1960s along with colleagues at MIT and members of Bolt Beranek & Newman. Originally developed on large computers, it was later adapted to many personal computers. A wealth of information about Logo and its educational philosophy is available from the Logo Foundation, http://el.media.mit.edu/Logo-foundation. Command the Turtle Turtle Graphics is the graphics language built into Logo, which allows complex graphics images to be created with a minimum of coding. The turtle is a triangular-shaped cursor, which is moved on screen with commands that activate the turtle as if you were driving it, for example, go forward 100 units, turn right 45 degrees, turn left 20 degrees. The following Object Logo example converts Fahrenheit to Celsius: convert local [fahr] print "|Enter Fahrenheit | make "fahr ReadWord print "|Celsius is | print (:fahr - 32) * 5 / 9 end
- In fact, the counterfeit fashion business is a billion dollar industry partly because many buyers care more about the logo of a product than its authenticity and also because many consumers remain unaware of the source of their merchandise.
- Burberry itself defines the bag as a celebration of the fashion house's most memorable fashion creations, including the check print, gabardine fabric, trench coat, quilted leather, signature D-ring buckles and equestrian knight logo.
- Add into the mix that pre-teen girls are highly attracted to jewelry with the Playboy logo, jewelry which is, after all, ensconced with glittery charms and bedecked with rhinestones, and the pairing starts sounding off alarm bells.
- Victoria's Secret: Victoria's Secret also has a look in black, and while the top is a little different from the style Mariska is wearing on her picture, the gold tone logo in the center of the top evokes a slightly similar feel.
- Furthermore, the logo adorns all official paperwork, including theme park maps, admission tickets, the official website, investment reports, employment applications, and more.The company logo can also be found outside the park.