Limelight is defined as being in the spotlight or in the center of attention.noun
An author whose book has just become an international best-seller and who is written about in the news all the time is an example of someone who is in the limelight.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- a brilliant light created by the incandescence of lime, formerly used in theaters to throw an intense beam of light upon a particular part of the stage, a certain actor, etc.
- the part of a stage where a limelight or spotlight is cast
- a prominent or conspicuous position before the public
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A focus of public attention.
- a. An early type of stage light in which lime was heated to incandescence producing brilliant illumination.b. The brilliant white light so produced. Also called calcium light.