librarian[lī brer′ē ən]
- The definition of a librarian is a person trained in library science.
An example of a librarian is the person in charge at your local public library.
A librarian helps people check out books.
- a person in charge of a library
- a library worker trained in library science
Origin of librarian; from Classical Latin librarius + -an
- A person who is a specialist in library work.
- A person who is responsible for a collection of specialized or technical information or materials, such as musical scores or computer documentation.
library +â€Ž -an. First attested around 1710.