- The definition of a librarian is a person trained in library science.
An example of a librarian is the person in charge at your local public library.
A librarian helps people check out books.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- a person in charge of a library
- a library worker trained in library science
Origin: from Classical Latin librarius plush -an
- librarianship noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A person who is a specialist in library work.
- A person who is responsible for a collection of specialized or technical information or materials, such as musical scores or computer documentation.
- li·brarˈi·an·shipˌ noun
librarian - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.