- The definition of a librarian is a person trained in library science.
An example of a librarian is the person in charge at your local public library.
A librarian helps people check out books.
librarian definition by Webster's New World
- a person in charge of a library
- a library worker trained in library science
Origin: ; from Classical Latin librarius plush -an
- librarianship noun
librarian definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A person who is a specialist in library work.
- A person who is responsible for a collection of specialized or technical information or materials, such as musical scores or computer documentation.
- li·brarˈi·an·shipˌ noun