- The definition of a knave is a scoundrel or a dishonest person.
A man who steals and lies is an example of a knave.
knave definition by Webster's New World
- a serving boy or male servant
- a man of humble birth or status
- a dishonest, deceitful person; tricky rascal; rogue
- jack ()
Origin: Middle English knaue ; from Old English cnafa, boy, male child, akin to German knabe
knave definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- An unprincipled, crafty fellow.
- a. A male servant.b. A man of humble birth.
- Games See jack.
Origin: Middle English, from Old English cnafa, boy, male servant.
- knavˈish adjective
- knavˈish·ly adverb
- knavˈish·ness noun