- The definition of a keyword is a significant word, or a word used to find information when researching.
- When you are looking for resume examples and you type "resume examples" into Google, the words "resume examples" are an example of keywords.
- When a politician says he wants people to pay "more taxes," this is an example of when the keyword is more.
also key word
- A word that serves as a key to a code or cipher.
- A significant or descriptive word.
- A word used as a reference point for finding other words or information.
- (information science): index term
- (information science): descriptor
(third-person singular simple present keywords, present participle keywording, simple past and past participle keyworded)
keyword - Computer Definition
(1) A word used in a text search.
(2) A word in a text document that is used in an index to best describe the contents of the document.
(3) A reserved word in a programming or command language.