- Jobbing means working to complete a specific job.
An example of a jobbing person is someone who works a few times a month at a different place each time.
- The definition of jobbing is working to complete a specific job.
An example of jobbing is hiring people to do landscape work.
- Alexandria is a distributing and jobbing centre for the north-east counties of Virginia.
- From them he heard plenty of abuse of stock-jobbing, and seizing their ideas he began to regard stock-jobbing, or agiotage, as the source of all evil, and to attack in his usual vehement style the Banque de St Charles and the Compagnie des Eaux.
- Troy is the market for a fertile agricultural region, and the principal jobbing centre for a large district in north-eastern New York and eastern Massachusetts.
- The city has a large jobbing and retail trade.
- Beside the local trade of a rich surrounding farming country, the railway facilities of St Joseph have enabled it to build up a great jobbing trade (especially in dry goods), and this is still the greatest economic interest of the city.