- The definition of a jobber is a person who is paid by the job, or a wholesaler.
- An example of a jobber is a person who is paid a certain amount per car washed.
- An example of a jobber is a person who purchases mass quantities of party favors and sells them to party stores.
jobber definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a person who jobs; esp., one who buys goods in quantity from manufacturers or importers and sells them to dealers; wholesaler; middleman
- a person who works by the job; also, one who does piecework
- Brit. a person who deals in stock-exchange securities
jobber definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- One that buys merchandise from manufacturers and sells it to retailers.
- One that works by the piece or at odd jobs.
- Chiefly British A middleman in the exchange of stocks and securities among brokers.
jobber - Business Definition
A middleman who buys in large lots from an importer or manufacturer and resells to businesses rather than final consumers.