- Jamesalso Jim′mie
- pl. -·mies[j-] a short crowbar, used as by burglars to pry open windows, etc.
transitive verb-·mied, -·my·ing
[j-] to use a jimmy on; pry open with a jimmy or similar tool
A short crowbar with curved ends.
transitive verbjim·mied, jim·my·ing, jim·mies
To pry (something) open with or as if with a jimmy: jimmy a door.
Origin of jimmyProbably from the name Jimmy nickname for James
- (in the plural only, dialectal, US, usually plural) Chocolate sprinkles used as a topping for ice cream, cookies, or cupcakes.
- (slang) A marijuana cigarette.
- A device used to circumvent a locking mechanism; a slim-Jim.
- (slang) Royal Navy slang for First Lieutenant (Executive Officer)
- (US) A jemmy; a crowbar used by burglars to open windows and doors.
- (US, slang) A penis.
- (US, slang) A condom.
- (rare) A male crab; a cock.
- Using jimmies to refer to chocolate sprinkles is considered offensive in the Southern US.
(third-person singular simple present jimmies, present participle jimmying, simple past and past participle jimmied)
- To pry (something, especially a lock) open with or as if with a crowbar.