A woman experiences jealousy over this couples affection.
- The definition of jealousy is a state or feeling of being envious or of wanting what someone else has.
The emotion that you feel when you watch your true love marry another person is an example of jealousy.
- the quality or condition of being jealous
- pl. jealousies an instance of this; jealous feeling
Origin of jealousyMiddle English jalousie ; from Old French gelosie ; from gelos: see jealous
- A jealous attitude or disposition.
- Close vigilance.
(countable and uncountable, plural jealousies)
- (uncountable) A state of suspicious guarding towards a spouse, lover etc., from fears of infidelity.
- (countable) A resentment towards someone for a perceived advantage or superiority they hold.
- Envy towards another's possessions
- (archaic) A close concern for someone or something, solicitude, vigilance.