A woman experiences jealousy over this couples affection.
The emotion that you feel when you watch your true love marry another person is an example of jealousy.
- the quality or condition of being jealous
- pl. -·ous·ies an instance of this; jealous feeling
Origin of jealousyMiddle English jalousie ; from Old French gelosie ; from gelos: see jealous
- A jealous attitude or disposition.
- Close vigilance.
(countable and uncountable, plural jealousies)
- (uncountable) A state of suspicious guarding towards a spouse, lover etc., from fears of infidelity.
- (countable) A resentment towards someone for a perceived advantage or superiority they hold.
- Envy towards another's possessions
- (archaic) A close concern for someone or something, solicitude, vigilance.