- an irradiating or being irradiated; esp.,
- exposure to radiation
- emission of radiant energy
- irradiance (sense )
- Optics the apparent enlargement of a brightly lighted object seen against a dark background
Origin of irradiationFrench from Medieval Latin irradiatio
- The act of exposing or the condition of being exposed to radiation.
- The use or application of ionizing radiation, especially in medical treatment and for the sterilization or preservation of food.
(countable and uncountable, plural irradiations)
From Middle French irradiacion, from Latin irradiatio