- One that inverts or produces inversion.
- A device used to convert direct current into alternating current.
- An electronic device whose output reverses the sign of its input current or voltage, thereby shifting the phase of alternating current signals by 180 degrees. Also called phase inverter.
invert + -er
inverter - Computer Definition
(1) A logic gate that converts the input to the opposite state for output. If the input is true, the output is false, and vice versa. An inverter performs the Boolean logic NOT operation.
(2) A circuit that converts DC current into AC current. Contrast with rectifier.