- wrong, wrongly, bad, badly: misdo, misdemeanor
- no, not: misfire
Origin of mis-Middle English ; from Old English and amp; OFr: Old English mis-, akin to Old High German missa-, Gothic missa- (for Indo-European base see miss); Old French mes- ; from Frankish an unverified form missi-, akin to Old High German missa-
- Bad; badly; wrong; wrongly: misconduct.
- Failure; lack: misfire.
- Used as an intensive: misdoubt.
Origin of mis-Partly from Middle English mis- (from Old English) and partly from Middle English mes-, mis- (from Old French); see mei-1 in Indo-European roots.
- Management information system(s)
- medium invert sugar
- Military Intelligence Service
- minimally invasive surgery
- mortgage interest statement
mis - Computer Definition
(1) (Management Information System) An information system that integrates data from all the departments it serves and provides operations and management with the information they require. It was "the" buzzword of the mid to late 1970s, when online systems were implemented in all large organizations. See decision support system.
(2) (Management Information Services) See Information Systems.