- Present participle of interchange.
- The act by which things are interchanged.
Variant of interchange
transitive verbinterchanged, interchanging
- to give and take mutually; exchange: to interchange ideas
- to put (each of two things) in the other's place
- to alternate; cause to follow in succession: to interchange work with play
Origin of interchangeMiddle English entrechangen ; from Old French entrechangier: see inter- and amp; change
to change places with each other
- the act or an instance of interchanging
- a junction which allows movement of traffic between highways on different levels, as a cloverleaf