This man has a hangover.
- When a restaurant is still decorated in the old theme even though the restaurant now has a new theme, this is an example of a hangover in the decor.
- When you have a headache and throw up the morning after you drank too much at a party, this is an example of a hangover.
- something remaining from a previous time or state; a survival
- a condition characterized by headache, nausea, etc. as an aftereffect of drinking much alcoholic liquor
- A temporary, unpleasant physical condition, typically characterized by headache and nausea, following the consumption of an excessive amount of alcohol.
- A letdown, as after a period of excitement.
- A vestige; a holdover: hangovers from prewar legislation.
- (post-drug illness): afterglow