The definition of a hangover is defined as something left over, or feeling badly the morning after you consume too much alcohol.noun
- When a restaurant is still decorated in the old theme even though the restaurant now has a new theme, this is an example of a hangover in the decor.
- When you have a headache and throw up the morning after you drank too much at a party, this is an example of a hangover.
- something remaining from a previous time or state; a survival
- headache, nausea, etc. as an aftereffect of drinking much alcoholic liquor
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Unpleasant physical effects following the heavy use of alcohol.
- A letdown, as after a period of excitement.
- A vestige; a holdover: hangovers from prewar legislation.