- something remaining from a previous time or state; a survival
- a condition characterized by headache, nausea, etc. as an aftereffect of drinking much alcoholic liquor
This man has a hangover.
- When a restaurant is still decorated in the old theme even though the restaurant now has a new theme, this is an example of a hangover in the decor.
- When you have a headache and throw up the morning after you drank too much at a party, this is an example of a hangover.
The definition of a hangover is defined as something left over, or feeling badly the morning after you consume too much alcohol.
- A temporary, unpleasant physical condition, typically characterized by headache and nausea, following the consumption of an excessive amount of alcohol.
- A letdown, as after a period of excitement.
- A vestige; a holdover: hangovers from prewar legislation.
- (post-drug illness): afterglow
- When it comes to serious problems that can have lifelong effects, drunk high school girls have much more to worry about than a hangover the next day.
- In the Hangover movie cast, Graham plays the supporting role of Jade, the stripper and single mother Stu Price ends up unwittingly marrying.
- Other films include Tag, Gigii, Strip Search, New York I Love You, The Hangover, The Rebound, Trust the Man and Failure to Launch.
- And if you find you haven't made it through the party without a severe hangover the next day, spend as much time as you can in bed, drink lots of water or Gatorade, take aspirin and silently reward yourself for throwing a wild party.
- That job led to one cast member - Angelina "Jolie" Pivarnick, aka "the Kim Kardashian of Staten Island" - getting kicked off the show early when she refused to show up for her shift while nursing a hangover.