Friends enjoying their favorite hangout.
The definition of a hangout is a place where people regularly meet to spend time together.
An example of a hangout is a bar where friends meet each Friday.
A place where one frequently spends one's spare time.
- A place for hanging out.
- Every Friday, Geoff and his group of friends all met at their favorite hangout to talk and have a good time.
- Even if you want to create a home theater that is a tad more upscale than a traditional family room hangout, remember that part of the relaxing part of movies is kicking back in cozy comfort.
- Playing doubles tennis, hitting the beach for a quick game of volleyball or shooting a few games of pool at the local hangout were all popular pastimes.
- Other personals sites that are connected to larger sites, such as the Nerve Personals, also serve as a kind of "virtual hangout" for hopeful singles.
- Flowers Bar & Restaurant: Located in the U District, this restaurant and bar is a nice, easy-going hangout to have a drink or meal.
- All you need for a welcoming backyard hangout is a little time, some wood and supplies, and a good set of picnic table plans.