gunner definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a soldier, sailor, etc. who fires or helps fire an artillery piece
- a naval warrant officer whose specialty is guns, missiles, torpedoes, etc. and related equipment
- a hunter who uses a gun
Origin: Middle English gonner ; from gonne, gun
gunner definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A member of the armed forces who operates a gun.
- A warrant officer in the U.S. Marine Corps having charge of ordnance.
- Chiefly British An artillery soldier, especially a private.
- One who hunts with a gun.