- a soldier, sailor, etc. who fires or helps fire an artillery piece
- a naval warrant officer whose specialty is guns, missiles, torpedoes, etc. and related equipment
- a hunter who uses a gun
Origin: Middle English gonner from gonne, gun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A member of the armed forces who operates a gun.
- A warrant officer in the U.S. Marine Corps having charge of ordnance.
- Chiefly British An artillery soldier, especially a private.
- One who hunts with a gun.