- Archaic an artilleryman
- ⌂ the member of the aircrew of a bomber who operates the bombsight and releases the bombs
- a noncommissioned artillery officer, in the British and Canadian armies
Origin of bombardierFrench ; from bombarde: see bombard
- A member of a combat aircraft crew who operates the bombsight and drops the bombs.
- Chiefly British A noncommissioned artillery officer.
- Archaic A soldier in the artillery.
Origin of bombardierFrench, from Old French bombarde, bombard; see bombard.