The front-runner has won the race.
front-runner definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- one who is leading in a race or competition
- a contestant or entry that runs best when in the lead
front-runner definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- One that is in a leading position in a race or other competition: the front-runner for the presidential nomination.
- A competitor who performs best when in the lead.
- frontˈ-runˌning adjective