number one definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- ☆ the first, usually the very best, quality or grade
number one definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- One that is first in rank, order, or importance.
- Slang One's own interests; oneself: watching out for number one.
- Informal a. The act of urinating.b. Urine.
- First in rank, order, or importance: the number one team in the nation; our number one problem.
- Foremost in quality; first-rate: bought some number one farmland.