& v.Chiefly British
(plural flavours) (British)
- The quality produced by the sensation of taste or, especially, of taste and smell in combined effect.
- The flavour of this apple pie is delicious.
- A substance used to produce a taste. Flavouring.
- Flavour was added to the pudding.
- A variety (of taste) attributed to an object.
- What flavour of bubble gum do you enjoy?
- The characteristic quality of something.
- the flavour of an experience
- (informal) A kind or type.
- Debian is one flavour of the Linux operating system.
- (physics) One of the six types of quarks (top, bottom, strange, charmed, up, and down) or three types of leptons (electron, muon, and tauon).
- (archaic) The quality produced by the sensation of smell; odour; fragrance.
- the flavour of a rose
(third-person singular simple present flavours, present participle flavouring, simple past and past participle flavoured)
- To add flavouring to something.