Fishing is defined as catching fish for sport, food or to sell.
Environmental Issues with Fishing
- Certain fishing practices, like bottom trawling, dynamite and cyanide fishing damage the surrounding habitat and create environmental issues.
- Overfishing, including bycatch (catching other kinds of fish and sea animals), is also reducing the number of fish and leading to the extinction of some species, which contributes to the breaking down of ocean ecosystems.
- Some estimates of the depletion of the fish species around the world are as high as 70%. For example, Japanese whaling expeditions are depleating the whale population.
An example of fishing is a group of friends going out on a boat to catch fish for dinner that night.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- the catching of fish for sport or for a living
- a place to fish
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The act, occupation, or sport of catching fish.
- A place for catching fish.
fishing - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.