When you are really good at understanding what your friend is feeling and you can understand and sympathize with his emotions, this is an example of a time when you areempathic.
(comparative more empathic, superlative most empathic)
Derived from empathy.
- Until the empath stops to examine her individual processes to determine if she’s operating on strictly empathic abilities, or a team of abilities, it’s difficult for her to find ways of controlling the information she receives.
- Also at age three, children begin to apply gender labels and stereotypes, identifying gentle, empathic characteristics with females and strong and aggressive characteristics with males.
- Also at age three, children begin to apply gender labels and stereotypes, identifying gentle, empathic characteristics with females and strong, aggressive characteristics with males.
- Betazoids are natural empaths; Deanna had inherited some empathic ability from her mother, Luxwanna Troi, but was considered deficient in this skill by full-blooded Betazoids.
- Meditation is one of the most effective and common techniques used to assist in controlling and understanding empathic and other psychic abilities.