A painting that perfectly expresses an artists feelings and that inspires emotion in its viewers is an example of something that would be described as emotive.
- characterized by, expressing, or producing emotion
- relating to the emotions
- Of or relating to emotion: the emotive aspect of symbols.
- Characterized by, expressing, or exciting emotion: an emotive trial lawyer; the emotive issue of gun control.
- e·mo′tive·ness e′mo·tiv′i·ty
(comparative more emotive, superlative most emotive)
- of, or relating to emotion
- appealing to one's emotions