- The definition of emotive is someone or something with the ability to express emotions.
A painting that perfectly expresses an artists feelings and that inspires emotion in its viewers is an example of something that would be described as emotive.
emotive definition by Webster's New World
- characterized by, expressing, or producing emotion
- relating to the emotions
- emotively adverb
emotive definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of or relating to emotion: the emotive aspect of symbols.
- Characterized by, expressing, or exciting emotion: an emotive trial lawyer; the emotive issue of gun control.
- e·moˈtive·ly adverb
- e·moˈtive·ness, eˌmo·tivˈi·ty noun