- The definition of affective is something that evokes feelings, or emotional actions or actions driven by feelings.
An example of something that would be described as affective is an opera.
Origin of affectiveFrench affectif ; from Medieval Latin affectivus ; from Classical Latin affectus: see affect
- Influenced by or resulting from the emotions.
- Concerned with or arousing feelings or emotions; emotional.
(comparative more affective, superlative most affective)
- Relating to, resulting from, or influenced by the emotions.
- Emotional; emotionally charged.