- When you steal someone's boyfriend and make her resent you, this is an example of when youembitter.
- Lemon added to candy is an example of something that embitters.
- to make bitter; make resentful or morose
- to make more bitter; exacerbate; aggravate
transitive verbem·bit·tered, em·bit·ter·ing, em·bit·ters
- To make bitter in flavor.
- To arouse bitter feelings in: was embittered by years of unrewarded labor.
(third-person singular simple present embitters, present participle embittering, simple past and past participle embittered)
- To cause to be bitter.
em- + bitter