Origin of Durhamsee Durham: after the county, where origin, originally bred
- county in N England, on the North Sea: 938 sq mi (2,429 sq km)
- its county seat, on the Wear
- city in north central N.C.
Origin of DurhamAfter Durham, a county of northern England.
- A city of northeast England south of Newcastle. It is noted for its cathedral and castle, built by the Normans in the 1100s.
- A city of north-central North Carolina near Raleigh and Chapel Hill. Settled c. 1750, it is the seat of Duke University (founded 1838).
- The name signed by alternate bishops of Durham (see Duresm).
- A city in county Durham in the Northeast of England.
- County Durham, a county in the Northeast of England.
- A CDP in California
- A town in Connecticut
- A city in Kansas
- A town in Maine
- A town in New Hampshire.
- A town in New York
- A city in North Carolina.
- A community in Nova Scotia
- A community in Ontario
- A city in Oregon
From Old English Dunholm (compare Middle French Duresm, Latin Dunelmum).