A man sitting on his doorstep.
a step that leads from an outer door to a path, lawn, etc.
A step leading to a door.
- Step of a door. The threshold of a doorway.
- On one's doorstep.
- (figuratively) One's immediate neighbourhood or locality.
- They want to build the prison right on our doorstep; it will only be half a mile away and being that close scares me.
- A big slice of bread.
- 2003, Diana Wynne Jones, The Merlin Conspiracy", P 241 ISBN 0-06-052318-2
- "I cut myself a doorstep of bread with masses of butter and went along to see Romanov while I was eating it."
(third-person singular simple present doorsteps, present participle doorstepping, simple past and past participle doorstepped)
- pet doors