- The definition of a donkey is a hoofed mammal similar to a horse that has long ears and that brays, or is a foolish, stupid person, or is the symbol of the Democratic party.
- Eeyore in Winnie the Pooh is an example of a cartoon donkey.
- A person who makes a very stupid decision like an obvious lie or declining to do homework he knows the teacher will check is an example of a donkey.
- An animal symbol used by the Democratic political party is an example of a donkey.
A jackass, ass, or donkey.
donkey definition by Webster's New World
- a domesticated ass
- a person regarded as stupid, foolish, or obstinate
Origin: also earlier donky: late slang, rhyming with and patterned after monkey: ; from uncertain or unknown; perhaps Duncan or ; from uncertain or unknown; perhaps dun
donkey definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun pl. don·keys
- The domesticated ass (Equus asinus).
- Slang An obstinate person.
- Slang A stupid person.
Origin: Perhaps from the name Duncan or of imitative origin.