A jackass, ass, or donkey.
- The definition of an ass is a horse like animal with a small build and long ears such as a donkey.
Eeyore on Winnie the Pooh is an example of an ass.
- An ass is a word used to describe someone that is stupid, foolish or behaving badly, often considered a curse word or swear word.
An example of an ass is a person who is heckling a comedian at a performance.
- An ass is defined as a slang word used to describe a person's buttocks.
An example of an ass is the part of your body that you sit on.
- any of a number of horselike perissodactylous mammals (family Equidae) having long ears and a short mane, esp. the common wild ass (Equus asinus) of Africa: donkeys and burros are domesticated asses: in fables the ass is represented as obstinate and stupid
- a stupid or silly person; fool
Origin of assMiddle English asse from Old English assa, assen: probably from Old Irish assan or Welsh asyn, both from Classical Latin asinus
Origin of assvariant, variety of arse
Origin of -assfrom ass
- Any of several hoofed mammals of the genus Equus, resembling and closely related to the horses but having a smaller build and longer ears, and including the domesticated donkey.
- A foolish or stupid person.
Origin of assMiddle English asse from Old English assa perhaps a hypocoristic for Old English dialectal (Northumbrian) asal ultimately ( perhaps via a Celtic form akin to Old Irish asal ) from Latin asinus ; see asinine .
nounpl. ass·es, Vulgar Slang
- a. The buttocks.b. The anus.
- Sexual intercourse.
Origin of assMiddle English ars from Old English ears ; see ors- in Indo-European roots.
- (slang, vulgar) Intensifies an adjective
- (slang, vulgar) Converts an adjective into a noun having the meaning of, "one who is [adj.]".