produced by distillation
- (UK, Canada) Simple past tense and past participle of distil.
- (US) Simple past tense and past participle of distill.
Variant of distill
intransitive verbdistilled, distilling
- to fall in drops; trickle; drip
- to undergo distillation
- to be produced as the essence of something
Origin of distillMiddle English distillen ; from Old French distiller ; from Classical Latin distillare, for destillare, to trickle down ; from de-, down + stillare, to drop ; from stilla, a drop: see stone
- to cause or allow to fall in drops
- to subject to, or purify or refine by, distillation: to distill water
- to remove, extract, or produce by distillation: to distill whiskey
- to purify, refine, or concentrate as if by distillation: to distill one's style
- to draw out or obtain the part that is essential, pure, etc.