- a disjoining or being disjoined; separationalso dis·junc′ture
- Logic the relation between the alternatives of a disjunctive proposition
- a disjunctive proposition
Origin of disjunctionMiddle English disjunccioun from Classical Latin disjunctio
- act of disjoining; disunion, separation
- state of being disjoined
- (logic) The proposition resulting from the combination of two or more propositions using the or operator.
- (mathematics) a logical operator that results in true when some of its operands are true.
- (biology) During meiosis, the separation of chromosomes (homologous in meiosis I, and sister chromatids in meiosis II).
From Old French disjunction, from Latin disjunctio