A sign in a parking garage that says the garage is not responsible for any damage is an example of adisclaimer of responsibility.
- a disclaiming; denial or renunciation, as of a claim, title, etc.
- a refusal to accept responsibility; disavowal
Origin of disclaimerAnglo-French desclamer, infinitive used as noun
- A repudiation or denial of responsibility or connection.
- Law A declining of responsibility or liability for something.
Origin of disclaimerMiddle English denial of a feudal claim from Anglo-Norman desclaimer to disclaim, denial of a feudal claim ; see disclaim .
- One who disclaims, disowns, or renounces.
- A public disavowal, as of pretensions, claims, opinions, and the like.
- (law) A denial, disavowal, or renunciation, as of a title, claim, interest, estate, or trust; relinquishment or waiver of an interest or estate.
disclaimer - Legal Definition