Demarcation is defined as a limit or boundary, or the act of establishing a limit or boundary.noun
- An example of a demarcation is a city limit sign.
- An example of a demarcation is drawing an out of bounds line for a baseball field.
- the act of setting and marking limits or boundaries
- a limit or boundary
- a separation or distinction
Origin: Sp demarcación (in línea de demarcación, 1493) < de- (L de), from + marcar, to mark boundaries < Gmc *marka, a boundary, mark
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The setting or marking of boundaries or limits.
- A separation; a distinction: a line of demarcation between two rock strata.
Origin: Spanish demarcación, from demarcar, to mark boundaries : de-, off (from Latin dē-; see de-) + marcar, to mark (from Italian marcare, from Old Italian, of Germanic origin; see merg- in Indo-European roots).