decompression definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a decompressing or being decompressed
- a surgical operation to relieve excessive pressure, as in the cranium, a body cavity, etc.
decompression definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The act or process of decompressing.
- A surgical procedure used to relieve pressure on an organ or part, such as the abdomen, cranium, or spinal cord.
decompression - Computer Definition
decompression - Medical Definition
- The relief of pressure on a body part by surgery.
- The restoration of deep-sea divers and caisson workers to atmospheric pressure by means of a decompression chamber.