- a decompressing or being decompressed
- a surgical operation to relieve excessive pressure, as in the cranium, a body cavity, etc.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The act or process of decompressing.
- A surgical procedure used to relieve pressure on an organ or part, such as the abdomen, cranium, or spinal cord.
decompression - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.
decompression - Medical Definition
- The relief of pressure on a body part by surgery.
- The restoration of deep-sea divers and caisson workers to atmospheric pressure by means of a decompression chamber.