Use decompression in a sentence
- a decompressing or being decompressed
- a surgical operation to relieve excessive pressure, as in the cranium, a body cavity, etc.
- The act or process of decompressing.
- A surgical procedure used to relieve pressure on an organ or part, such as the abdomen, cranium, or spinal cord.
(usually uncountable, plural decompressions)
- The process of decompressing.
- The decompression of large data files may take a while.
- The restoration to atmospheric pressure of a person who has spent time under higher pressure (such as a diver)
- (medicine) The relief of pressure on a body part by surgery
decompression - Computer Definition
The restoration of compressed data back to their original size. See data compression.