- to free from pressure
- to free (a deep-sea diver, tunnel worker, etc.) from compression or air pressure by means of an air lock
See decompress in American Heritage Dictionary 4
, de·com·press·es verb, transitive
- To relieve of pressure or compression.
- To bring (a person exposed to conditions of increased pressure) gradually back to normal atmospheric pressure.
- To adjust to normal atmospheric conditions after being exposed to increased pressure.
- Informal To relax: decompressed after 12 hours of driving.
Learn more about decompress