- to free from pressure
- to free (a deep-sea diver, tunnel worker, etc.) from compression or air pressure by means of an air lock
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
verb de·com·pressed, de·com·press·ing, de·com·press·es verb, transitive
- To relieve of pressure or compression.
- To bring (a person exposed to conditions of increased pressure) gradually back to normal atmospheric pressure.
- To adjust to normal atmospheric conditions after being exposed to increased pressure.
- Informal To relax: decompressed after 12 hours of driving.
decompress - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.