(at′məs fer′ik, -fir′-)
- of or in the atmosphere: atmospheric lightning
- caused or produced by the atmosphere: atmospheric pressure
- having or giving an atmosphere: atmospheric music
See atmospheric in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Of, relating to, or existing in the atmosphere.
- Produced by, dependent on, or coming from the atmosphere.
- Resembling or representing the atmosphere; having or giving the effect of translucence: a painting suffused with a hazy, atmospheric glow.
- Intended to evoke a particular emotional tone or aesthetic quality: lush atmospheric touches in every room.
- atˌmos·pherˈi·cal·ly adverb
Learn more about atmospheric