To decipher is defined as to decode or work out a hidden meaning.verb
An example of to decipher is to use a key to understand a coded message.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- to translate (a message in cipher or code) into ordinary, understandable language; decode
- to make out the meaning of (ancient inscriptions, illegible writing, etc.)
Origin: de- + cipher
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
transitive verb de·ci·phered, de·ci·pher·ing, de·ci·phers
- To read or interpret (ambiguous, obscure, or illegible matter). See Synonyms at solve.
- To convert from a code or cipher to plain text; decode.
- de·ciˈpher·a·ble adjective
- de·ciˈpher·er noun
- de·ciˈpher·ment noun
decipher - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.