- The definition of curriculum is the combination of courses offered at a school, or all the classes within a certain subject.
- An example of curriculum is the group of classes offered at UCLA.
- An example of curriculum is all the classes required to graduate with a degree in psychology.
curriculum definition by Webster's New World
- a fixed series of studies required, as in a college, for graduation, qualification in a major field of study, etc.
- all of the courses, collectively, offered in a school, college, etc., or in a particular subject
Origin: Classical Latin literally , a running, course, race, career ; from currere, to run: see current
- curricular adjective
curriculum definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun pl. cur·ric·u·la or cur·ric·u·lums
- All the courses of study offered by an educational institution.
- A group of related courses, often in a special field of study: the engineering curriculum.
Origin: Latin, course, from currere, to run; see current.
- cur·ricˈu·lar adjective