- The definition of a cube is a three-dimensional square with six equal sides.
- An example of a cube is a piece of cheese with six square sides.
- An example of a cube is a piece of ice.
- Cube, short for cubical, is defined as an office work space.
An example of a cube is a three-sided space with a desk and short walls.
- To cube is to cut something into a three-dimensional square.
An example of cube is to cut a vegetable into a square-sided shape.
- To cube is defined as to raise a number to the third power.
An example of cube is to take the number 3 to the third power; to cube it to 27.
cube definition by Webster's New World
- a solid with six equal, square sides
- anything having more or less this shape: an ice cube
- the product obtained by multiplying a given number or quantity by its square; third power: the cube of 3 is 27 (3 × 3 × 3)
Origin: French ; from Classical Latin cubus ; from Classical Greek kybos, a cube, die, vertebra ; from Indo-European base an unverified form keu(b)-, to bend, turn from source hip, hive, Classical Latin cubare, to lie down
- cuber noun
Origin: ; from Spanish quibey ; from native name
cube definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Mathematics A regular solid having six congruent square faces.
- a. Something having the general shape of a cube: a cube of sugar.b. A cubicle, used for work or study.
- Mathematics The third power of a number or quantity.
- cubes Slang Cubic inches. Used especially of an internal combustion engine.
- Mathematics To raise (a quantity or number) to the third power.
- To determine the cubic contents of.
- To form or cut into cubes; dice.
- To tenderize (meat) by breaking the fibers with superficial cuts in a pattern of squares.
Origin: Latin cubus, from Greek kubos. N., sense 2b, short for cubicle.
- cubˈer noun
To calculate the volume of a cube, multiply the length of an edge of the cube by itself twice. The volume of this cube is 125 cubic feet.
Origin: American Spanish.
cube - Computer Definition
cube - Science Definition
- The product that results when a number or quantity is cubed. For example, the cube of 5 is 125.
- A solid having six equal square faces or sides.