- The definition of a courier is a person or company who transmits messages or transports messages and packages.
- An example of a courier is UPS, FedEx or the post office.
- An example of a courier is a member of the diplomatic corp whose responsibility it is to carry messages between countries.
courier definition by Webster's New World
- a messenger sent in haste or on a regular schedule with important or urgent messages; specif.,
- a member of the diplomatic corps charged with carrying messages
- a spy carrying secret information
- a person hired to take care of hotel accommodations and luggage and to act as guide for a traveler
Origin: Middle English corour (; from Old French coreor ; from Late Latin curritor) and amp; courier (; from Old French courrier ; from Italian corriere), both ultimately ; from Classical Latin currere, to run: see current
courier definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. A messenger, especially one on official diplomatic business.b. A spy carrying secret information.
- a. A personal attendant hired to make arrangements for a journey.b. An employee of a travel agency serving as a guide for tourists.
Origin: French courrier, from Old French, from Old Italian corriere, from correre, to run, from Latin currere; see kers- in Indo-European roots.
courier - Computer Definition
A monospaced typeface originating from the typewriter that is commonly used for letters. It is still considered by many to be the "appropriate" typeface for business correspondence. Providing that you have not changed the default setting in the Fonts menu for "language examples," this is an example of the Courier font.