The definition of a copywriter is a person who writes advertising or marketing material.
A person who writes product brochures is an example of a copywriter.
One who writes copy, especially for advertising.
- For example, a copywriter would be hired to write the brochure that entices the reader to buy a car while the technical writer would be hired to write the owner's manual that explains how to use all of the car's fancy features.
- There are many books and courses that promise to teach business owners how to write a 5 step direct marketing letter, but you can also hire a professional copywriter to create one.
- A copywriter with a portfolio that demonstrates a high skill level and work for a variety of clients will be able to earn much more than someone who is just starting out.
- If you're trying to get work as a copywriter, it's important to understand why companies choose to hire freelancers for copywriting assignments.
- The direct marketing copywriter clearly asks for the sale or asks the customer to take an action step to complete the transaction.