- a copy or mold of a statue or other object, cast in plaster of Paris
- Surgery a rigid cast to hold a fractured bone in place and prevent movement, made by wrapping the limb or part with a bandage of gauze soaked in wet plaster of Paris
- A sculptured mold or cast in plaster of Paris.
- See cast.
(plural plaster casts)
- (surgery) A cast made of a stiff material (often plaster of Paris and gauze) in order to immobilize a broken bone for the period of healing.
- A copy of a piece of art or other object cast in plaster.
- The police got a plaster cast of the suspect's footprint.